Its finally here! 18 months later and I have added a new drawing to my Coloring Page . It is available for anyone to download and color. It was so much fun to create and color this drawing. I think I will need to create more drawings. I already have an idea for the next one. This drawing was created and colored using Corel Draw.
Here are a few examples how I colored the drawing. Be creative, color them to you desires. Mostly, have fun.
I purchased this box unfinished from Hobby Lobby. I had no idea how I would use it, but it serve for several years as a stand for my other projects while they dried. It about 24″ long and 5″ wide, so it was great for sitting items on allowing air to flow underneath.
My goal this year is to complete my unfinished projects. While I was staining my desk, this too got stained. Instead of painting the box, I decided to create a mosaic from polymer clay on the inside of the box. I left the outside of the box plain with a high gloss polyurethane coating.
I purchased some wood squares from Michael’s. I was going to create fluid art on them and make coasters. I have multiple sets of fluid art coasters so I decided to sand and stain the squares while I was staining my desk. I used acrylic paint markers for the designs and sealed the squares with gloss polycrylic.
I am not sure what to do with these. I may still make coasters out of them. Coaster work better if they are sealed with resin. Which is still possible, because resin work better when the surface is sealed.
I purchased several 6″ wood panels from Blick’s Art Supply. My original intent was to create some fluid art. However, I decide instead to sand and stain the panels and put a design on them. I used acrylic paint pens for the design. I sealed the panels with gloss polycrylic.
Over the summer, I decided to stain and paint some of the wood items that was in my to do pile. I purchased the box from Walmart. It was stained with Minwax Red Mahoney. I sprayed the entire box with Minwax Polyurethane because if I made a mistake on painting the box, the paint would not soaked into the wood and I could wipe the paint off before it dried. I painted the box using chalk paint.
I did not paint the inside of the box. It was stained and sealed using polyurethane.
I can’t believe I am finally posting a couple of my vases. They have been done for over a year; sitting, waiting for their pictures to be taken so I could show them off in my blog. Other items were finished and posted after these vases were made. I thinks they are camera shy and hid everything I went to take pictures.
Some of my favorite flowers are the one that has multiple colors, especially the ones that go from yellow, to orange, to pink. My mother grew roses that were those colors and I thought they were absolutely beautiful.
I covered two glass vases with black Sculpey polymer clay. I blended yellow, red, and hot pink polymer clay and cut out each petal and center circles. I placed each petal on top of the black clay to make the flowers. After the flowers were formed I stamped each petal. I didn’t glue the petals on because it is clay,. Polymer clay items will stick to each other. Afterward, I baked to vases in the 275 degree over for about 10 minutes. When outside temperature was above 70 degrees, sprayed the vases with several coats of Minwax Polycrylic
The vases are not identical, but they are simular.
The roses were also made from Sculpey polymer clay. One day I should capture how I make roses.
Okay, I only painted three Plastercraft Houses in 2020 – so far. After I finished the last two, I was looking through the box of houses that wasn’t damaged in the 2016 flood, and found the “Hot Rod Parts” building. Since I normally paint three houses at a time, I continue to look and found a second “Hot Rod Parts” building, and then I found a third “Hot Rod Parts” building. So, I decided to paint all three. One for my sister, who I started painting houses for many years ago. One for my other sister, who rescue the houses from the flood and one for me. They were surprise! Especially, since California Creations went out of business.
These painting were done on 14 inch canvases. I like how the green and yellows break through the paintings. The mixture for all the colors were the same: 1 part acrylic paint, 2 parts Floetrol, 1/10th water, 2 drops silicon.
These fluid paintings were done on 14″ canvases. Many different colors were used to create these. The mixture for all the colors were the same: 1 part acrylic paint, 2 parts Floetrol, 1/10th water, 2 drops silicon.