Surprise! This set of coasters glow under a black light.
Since Christmas is over and all presents should be unwrapped, I can share other set of coaster I did for a Christmas present. I did a fluid painting over each coaster, used a scraper to swap each coaster, and sealed them with resin. Cork was placed on the back. What I learned; taping is difficult.
Okay, the wait is over. The presents were wrapped, shipped, received and opened. Now, I can share them on my blog. Below is a set of coasters I made from my mom. I did a pour painting on top of 4″ wood tile.
I am not a Klingon. I did not marry a Klingon, but my sister did. Over the rIntaH DIS (past year) Kur’Den and his be’nal (wife) ‘u’ leng (traveled the universe) looking for qaD (challenges). Upon their visits to jISop Daq ‘ej leS yoS (places to eat and areas of rest) they ta mIllogh (recorded pictures) of belmoH poch (pleasant plants) and chaH Daqvo’ targhHom (transmitted them back to me).
Here are a few of the belmoH poch:
I took the flower pictures and Kur’Den’s official photo and made him a plaque. Below is Kur’Den, Tuq BelmoH Yotlh (Clan Pleasant Pastures)!
No, he will not take his Batleth to my mong (neck). Kur’Den has received many unique and interesting gifts from me that he batlh bey’ (displays with honor).
Yes, he did send me a human version of the sign.
I made three trays of these Reese Peanut Butter Cup trees and they were gone like hot cakes.
When they asked from more, this happened.
Then the engineers in the group asked for plans and specifications for building the trees. I provided them with this document.
Here is my mandala for Christmas. It was created in CorelDraw. A PDF coloring version of it is available on my Coloring Page.
Yes, in August I poured these painting. Yes, in November I finally pour resin over these paintings. Now, they are ready to be hung or given away as gifts. No, I am not giving them away.
I did not realize that this painting appears to flow towards the center, until I took a picture of it.
This painting look awesome under a black light. See..
And, this painting looks like it could be a fish.
Here is my latest drawing on four tiles. Almost from the very from the first curve that went down on the paper, I was saying to myself “Nope! I don’t like that.” I few more curves and a little color, still “I don’t like that.” But, I decided instead of trashing the tiles I would complete the drawing and put the tiles away to never to be seen again.
Somewhere towards the end, either when the green leaves were being drawn or the blue background was being added, my opinion of the drawing changed to “Okay, now that really look cool.”
My Christmas Cards are mailed. Enough time has passed that most of the cards should have reached their destinations. Now, I can share the cards on my blog.
This year I drew ornaments on 3.5″ square tiles. I selected the high quality tiles, because I wanted to color on the tiles. I keep the color to a minimum because I wanted the ornaments to look delicate like glass Christmas ornaments. Below are a few of the tiles. All of the tiles are located on Drawing page.
I designed the card in CorelDraw. I converted the picture below to an outline drawing to use as a background on the card.
I created an area on the card to put the tile. I have been placing the same symbol with my name on all the back of all my cards since 2004.
The folded card measures 5.25″ square. I embossed several stems on the front of the card, and attached the tiles to the cards with photo corners. I wanted the recipient to be able to remove the tile without damaging the tile. Below is one of the finished cards.
My latest 3D project was to print a sphere with the Seed of Life Design on in. I created it in Tinkercad; Seed of Life. On the bottom of the object I left a 12 mm hole for a LED light.
It took me numerous attempts to get it printed. Finally, I had to add supports to the sphere in Cura, the 3d slicing program, to get it to adhere to the plate. Approximately 10 hours in to the 13 hours print, I noticed the translucent filament that the printer was using was about to run out. I therefore replaced the filament with white.
Here is the final result. The printer obviously needs some more adjusting.
After I put the light in the bottom of the sphere, it look so good I made a video. The video is posted on YouTube. Seed of Life Video
Here are some pictures with the LED light.
I posted the STL file on Youmagine for anyone to download.