Four Panel Paintings

Here are four paintings that I poured together on 8 inch wood panels.  Numerous colors were used to create these painting.  The mixture for all the colors were the same: 1 part acrylic paint, 2 parts Floetrol, 1/10th water,  2 drops silicon.

IMG_2486a

Rescued Houses – Part Four

Another three house painted from my Rescued Houses series.  Why are they called “Rescued Houses.”  In August 2016, South Louisiana had what some believed to be a 1000 year flood.  The storage unit which held these houses flooded.  These plaster houses were in water for over week.  There is minor damage to all the houses, but that may add to their charm.

The entire story is in Part One.

Notice the Railroad Crossing sign.  It is not original to the house.  The original sign is  currently missing, which means it could be in another box.  Therefore, I created the sign in Tinkercad, printed with my 3D printer, and painted the sign.   I only had to print one sign, because I got the measurements right on the first design.

DSCN8613

Railroad Depot

DSCN8617

Music Store

DSCN8626

Jewelry Store

They are Finished

Yes, in August I poured these painting.  Yes, in November I finally pour resin over these paintings.  Now, they are ready to be hung or given away as gifts.  No, I am not giving them away.

I did not realize that this painting appears to flow towards the center, until I took a picture of it.

20181217_072618.jpg

This painting look awesome under a black light.  See..

20181217_072532.jpg

And, this painting looks like it could be a fish.

20181217_072659.jpg

Acrylic Pour Coaster

I been wanting to create some Acrylic Pour Coasters for a while.  I purchased 4″ wood tiles from Michael’s and they traveled with me in my car for several months before a was able to work on them.

First, I applied white Gesso to both sides of the wood tile.   I mixed the paint in squeeze bottles.  The colors I used were pink, purple, grayish blue, light pink, light purple, green and white.  I love pinks and blues.

I let the tiles cure for about a month while I was out of town again. I cleaned the tiles with a mixture of Dawn and water, which I keep in a spray bottle.  A few weeks later when I got up the courage to apply resin, I poured resin over the coasters.

The tiles did not come out perfect, but it wasn’t a failure either.  The tray to hold the tiles was purchased from Hobby Lobby.  I stained the inside of the box and two sides.  The other two sides I applied Gesso and did a pour on the sides. 

I did not pour the inside of the tray, instead I cut out some white polymer clay and did a pour on top of the clay when I poured the tray sides.  After I cleaned the tray, I glued the clay to the bottom and applied several coats of varnish.

I glued cork to the back of each coaster using wood glue.  Below are the results.