Here are my latest fluid paintings. I used a lot of color and finished them with resin.
Flowers and more flowers. Done with Derwent Inktense Pencils on 16″ x 20″ Carson Artboard. Inktense is like watercolor pencils, the only difference is once water is applied, it’s permanent. One tip I used was, if you outline in color pencils, it will help with the bleeding. So, I used Prismacolor pencil on the outline.
This mandala was the result of me getting a design / pattern stuck in my head and the need to put it on paper. Is was done on a 16″ x 20″ using Sakura gel pens.
After the design was put on paper, I thought the background was to plain. I colored it with watercolor ink using a sponge.
I spent some time creating crosses from polymer clay, which was left over from all of the other polymer clay projects.
First the pretty crosses:
The difficult cross:
Folding clay and braiding clay is a little bit challenging.
The weird ones:
I’ve been busy doing other things, but I have managed to do a few 3.5″ x 3.5″ drawings. Most of these drawings were done to test the pen colors for larger drawings.
This drawing was done with Sakura Gel Pens on a 16″ x 20″ Carson Art Board.
Well, pretty is in the eye of the beholder. Below are some of my more recent drawings that I think are pretty.
I was reading Kathryn Costa’s book “The Mandala Guidebook. It challenged the readers to create 100 Mandalas in 100 Days. My first ten mandalas for this challenge are posted on the 100 Mandala Challenge page. I am on day 13 and I am seven ahead. That will come in handy when I start my long drive to the south. Below are drawings 011 through 020.
I do not know how this week’s drawing were all in color. There are normally more black/white drawings than color. I guess I was in a colorful mood.