Okay, I only painted three Plastercraft Houses in 2020 – so far. After I finished the last two, I was looking through the box of houses that wasn’t damaged in the 2016 flood, and found the “Hot Rod Parts” building. Since I normally paint three houses at a time, I continue to look and found a second “Hot Rod Parts” building, and then I found a third “Hot Rod Parts” building. So, I decided to paint all three. One for my sister, who I started painting houses for many years ago. One for my other sister, who rescue the houses from the flood and one for me. They were surprise! Especially, since California Creations went out of business.
Plastercraft Houses 2019
Yes, it appears that I only painted two houses in 2019. I did not get a chance to seal the houses until a few weeks ago, because of cold weather and Covid-19. (I can’t varnish if someone in the household sinuses gets upset around paint and varnish.)
These are California Creations houses. The company went out of business in the early 2000s. Yes, these have been in storage waiting for me to paint them.
2017 Christmas Ornaments
Christmas Ornaments – Part 1
Around this time of the year, I work on something that has a Christmas theme. This year I have painted some wooden Christmas ornaments. Most of the ornaments were purchased from Michael’s Craft Stores in Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana.
The bell ornaments were painted with multiple layers of red and green acrylic paint.
For all the ornaments, I selected the DecoArt Americana Acrylic paint because it is thicker then most paint and covers better. I used Delta Creamcoat for the gold metallic paint. Then I covered the ornaments with Delta Creamcoat Sparkle Glaze. The ornament probably didn’t need to be varnished after the glaze, but I wanted a good high gloss finish, so I put several coats of Miniwax Polycrylic on them. The Polycrylic has worked well on my polymer clay creations.
The snowflake ornaments, yes there are two of them, the base was painted with sapphire and then dry brushed with white paint. I left the edges unpainted because I thought it gave them an old fashioned look.
The angel ornaments were purchase at Hobby Lobby.
I selected yellow and green paint for the star ornaments. Before I applied the glaze, the green areas was dry brushed with gold paint.
The tree and bell ornaments were painted using the same process as described above.
The angel ornaments were purchased at Hobby Lobby. I should have taken time to sand these ornament, because there are a few rough places on them.
This post is Part 1 because there are more ornaments that are unfinished.