Another three house painted from my Rescued Houses series. Why are they called “Rescued Houses.” In August 2016, South Louisiana had what some believed to be a 1000 year flood. The storage unit which held these houses flooded. These plaster houses were in water for over week. There is minor damage to all the houses, but that may add to their charm.
Notice the Railroad Crossing sign. It is not original to the house. The original sign is currently missing, which means it could be in another box. Therefore, I created the sign in Tinkercad, printed with my 3D printer, and painted the sign. I only had to print one sign, because I got the measurements right on the first design.
Since Christmas is over and all presents should be unwrapped, I can share other set of coaster I did for a Christmas present. I did a fluid painting over each coaster, used a scraper to swap each coaster, and sealed them with resin. Cork was placed on the back. What I learned; taping is difficult.
Okay, the wait is over. The presents were wrapped, shipped, received and opened. Now, I can share them on my blog. Below is a set of coasters I made from my mom. I did a pour painting on top of 4″ wood tile.
I been wanting to create some Acrylic Pour Coasters for a while. I purchased 4″ wood tiles from Michael’s and they traveled with me in my car for several months before a was able to work on them.
First, I applied white Gesso to both sides of the wood tile. I mixed the paint in squeeze bottles. The colors I used were pink, purple, grayish blue, light pink, light purple, green and white. I love pinks and blues.
I let the tiles cure for about a month while I was out of town again. I cleaned the tiles with a mixture of Dawn and water, which I keep in a spray bottle. A few weeks later when I got up the courage to apply resin, I poured resin over the coasters.
The tiles did not come out perfect, but it wasn’t a failure either. The tray to hold the tiles was purchased from Hobby Lobby. I stained the inside of the box and two sides. The other two sides I applied Gesso and did a pour on the sides.
I did not pour the inside of the tray, instead I cut out some white polymer clay and did a pour on top of the clay when I poured the tray sides. After I cleaned the tray, I glued the clay to the bottom and applied several coats of varnish.
I glued cork to the back of each coaster using wood glue. Below are the results.
This painting was done on a 5″x5″ canvas. It started out as a pour painting, but the blue paint took over the painting. After it dried, for about a week, put a mandala on top of the fluid painting using metallic acrylic paint.
This is one of my pour painting I did yesterday. I looked at it and thought; that is interesting, it Okay. Not really what I was expecting.
Then I decided to put it under a black light, because I did use neon acrylic paint. And the results were Wow! The black light picture did not pick up all the detail. You can see the layer of yellow and the blue and pinks hidden beneath the white.