Below are batches 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of my polymer clay roses with leaves and stems.
I took some white clay and blended one edge with some pink clay. The leaves and stems contains three shades of green and gold clay.
The center of the roses were made from the clay left over from Batch 2. However, there wasn’t enough for three flowers, so I mix a little red with the pink and white for the outer petals.
I wanted some flowers that glowed in the dark. I mixed bright pink, yellow, and orange clay with some florescent clay.
These red roses were also mixed with some florescent clay, but they do not shine as well as the pink roses in Batch 4.
I had just finished the yellow sunflower vase and wanted some yellow roses to put in the vase. But, yellow roses would just be too plain. The rose color from stem to the petal tips are hot pink, orange, yellow, and lemon yellow.
Some more vase inspired flowers. I used the leftover clay from the vase. I gently it mixed together to make the roses.
It appears I forget to share my Piano Jewelry Box. Since, I give away most of the items I finish as gifts, I normally have to wait until after their birthday blog about it.
The piano box was ordered from Amazon in November with an expect delivery date in December. It was delayed so many times, Amazon threaten the supplier with cancellation if they did not ship it. It finally arrive in early January 2017, which left me with only two weeks to finish the box and ship it out.
The box was finished with ebony stain. I wanted to get it dark, really dark, like a grand piano. The box appeared to have the keyboard cover down, so I did not have to paint keys on the piano. The name plate was made with polymer clay. The balls on the legs were painted with silver acrylic paint and numerous coats of polyurethane to give it a high gloss shine.
I thought about putting music notes inside the jewelry box, but after some thought and test runs, I decided the space inside was small and it would not hold much. So, I made polymer clay roses and put them inside the box. The leafs were left overs from other projects. The roses were glued down and coated with several layers of polyurethane.
Maybe I should write a blog about how I make roses from clay. I make them differently than what I have seen on other websites. And, I have been making the same way since the Play-doh days.