These are some easy pies I made. I didn’t have a recipe, just an idea. This recipe would probably make twice as many pies, but 120 pies would be a lot of pies.
- 2 cans pie filling – different flavors (I used cherry and blueberry) *
- 1 container of Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling
- 4 boxes of Fillo Pastry Shells
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Cook Fillo Pastry Shells on a cookie sheet as directed on the box and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare crumble topping by combining butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and flour in a mixing bowl. Stir until crumble is in small chunks.
- Place 20 of the Fillo Shells on a serving dish. Place about 1 tsp of Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling in each pastry shell. Top each cheesecake with about 1/2 tsp of pie filling. Place in refrigerator. Note: You will have cheesecake filling left over.
- Fill 20 of the Fillo Shells with approximately 1 tsp of the pie fillings each. Fill 20 of the Fillo Shells with the other pie filling. Sprinkle crumble on top. Note: You will have pie filling and crumble left over.
- Bake the miniature pies in oven until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Caution: Do not bake the Cheesecake Miniature pies.
- Let cool completely.
- Prepare Whipped Icing:
- Place a mixing bowl in freezer for at least 5 minutes.
- Beat heavy whipping cream on high speed and slowly add confectioners’ sugar. Add Vanilla.
- Continue to beat on high speed until mixture forms peaks and can hold its shape.
- Place Whipped Icing in a piping bag, or a Ziplock bag with the end cut off, and pipe the icing over each of the pies.
* Please do not use store brand pie filling. Buy the good stuff.
Each box contains 15 Fillo Pastry Shells
The entire container of Philadelphia Cheesecake filling would probably fill about 60 Fillo Pastry Shells. I didn’t use it all because I wanted a variety of pies. Some cheesecake filling and the pie filling can be placed into a bowl and eaten, by the cook, while baking.
One thought on “Easy Miniature Pies”
That sounds good. I’ll have to try it.
Sent from my iPhone