Here are my latest fluid paintings. I used a lot of color and finished them with resin.
Here is my 2019 Christmas Card.
Here is my latest mandala. It was done on 16″ x 20″ Black Art Board using Sakura Moonlight pens.
It glows under a black light.
Shading makes all the difference. I did not create this drawing for Inktober. It was just something I though of while I was traveling. It was done on 16″x20″ Bristol Board with Micron Pens and #2 pencil for shading. My drawing for Inktober is locate on my Drawing Page using the recommendation of the Pattern-collection group:
Flowers and more flowers. Done with Derwent Inktense Pencils on 16″ x 20″ Carson Artboard. Inktense is like watercolor pencils, the only difference is once water is applied, it’s permanent. One tip I used was, if you outline in color pencils, it will help with the bleeding. So, I used Prismacolor pencil on the outline.
Below are batches 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of my polymer clay roses with leaves and stems.
I took some white clay and blended one edge with some pink clay. The leaves and stems contains three shades of green and gold clay.
The center of the roses were made from the clay left over from Batch 2. However, there wasn’t enough for three flowers, so I mix a little red with the pink and white for the outer petals.
I wanted some flowers that glowed in the dark. I mixed bright pink, yellow, and orange clay with some florescent clay.
These red roses were also mixed with some florescent clay, but they do not shine as well as the pink roses in Batch 4.
I had just finished the yellow sunflower vase and wanted some yellow roses to put in the vase. But, yellow roses would just be too plain. The rose color from stem to the petal tips are hot pink, orange, yellow, and lemon yellow.
Some more vase inspired flowers. I used the leftover clay from the vase. I gently it mixed together to make the roses.
I am calling this drawing Sunflower Explosion, because it kind of exploded out of the mandala it was supposed to be contained within.
Drawn on Carson Art Board using Sakura Gel Pens.
It also glows under a black light.
I wanted to see if I could put some polymer clay on a vase, bake it in the oven, and have the clay stick to the vase. Below is my first vase experiment. I had a bottle, shape like a light bulb, that was just sitting in a cabinet.
I figured the best way to get it to stick to the vase, was to put a thin layer of polymer clay around the vase and then put the design on it. Since it was an experiment, I didn’t want to waste a lot of time with the design. However, it does glow in the dark.
Since it was a success, I did four other vases.
The Sunflower Vase: I wanted the top and bottom of the vase to look like the petals were coming from the center of a sunflower.
The Gold Flowery Vase: From the beginning I wanted a gold lattice work around the vase. The flower idea come later. After it was baked, I applied paint to give it an antique look.
The Shades of Red Vase: The original intent was to cover the vase in black, then give it a stain glass appearance. That idea change when I saw how nice the reds and pinks looked against the black.
The Flower Vase: I extrudes some blue/purple clay that was left over from other projects. The intent for this vase was to have a delicate flowery pattern.
After the vases were baked in the oven and cooled, I applied polyurentane to seal the clay. Since the clay is not permanently stuck to the vase, I could probably take a sharp Exacto Knife to any vase that turns out poorly to remove the clay.
It started out being a spider’s web, it ended up being something different.
Done on 16″ × 20″ art board using Sakura Gel Pens. And, it glows under a black light.
This mandala was the result of me getting a design / pattern stuck in my head and the need to put it on paper. Is was done on a 16″ x 20″ using Sakura gel pens.
After the design was put on paper, I thought the background was to plain. I colored it with watercolor ink using a sponge.