The parts for this tiny vase have been laying in my craft area for a long time, and I finally got around to assembling flower arrangement. It was made with left over Sculpey clay and baked in the oven. I sprayed the arrangement with polyacrylic varnish. The flower arrangement is approximately 4″ tall.
Plastercraft Houses 2021 – 2022
Yes, it took me a long time to start and finish the latest Plastercraft houses. These houses were produced by California Creation, (which has gone out of business), and painted by me. The houses are painted with acrylic paint and sealed with gloss varnish.
Polymer Clay Crosses
I spent some time creating crosses from polymer clay, which was left over from all of the other polymer clay projects.
First the pretty crosses:
The difficult cross:
Folding clay and braiding clay is a little bit challenging.
The weird ones:
Painted Coasters – Set 2
Okay, the wait is over. The presents were wrapped, shipped, received and opened. Now, I can share them on my blog. Below is a set of coasters I made from my mom. I did a pour painting on top of 4″ wood tile.
2017 Christmas Ornaments
Rescued Houses – Part One
In August 2016, the storage unit where I kept my belonging flooded. In those belonging was all my Christmas Village Plastercraft Houses. Many of the houses, painted and unpainted, was either wet or underwater for about a week. I was going to abandon them because I had no means of drying or cleaning them. My sister, who showed up to help me salvage what belonging I could, insisted that I could not abandon my houses.
She took all the wet houses to her flooded house, unwrapped, cleaned, and let the houses dry out while her house was drying out. After everything was dried, she carefully packed the house. In June, I was able to retrieve the unpainted houses from her. She did an amazing job. All three of these houses have minor damage, but no house is perfect. Of course, the inserts with suggested painting is gone, so I choose the colors myself.
These are the first three houses that she recovered that I have painted.
Don’s Donuts: I decided I would paint it the colors of the best donut shop, Krispy Kreme. The car had to be blue.
Bowling Alley: I thought this building needed to be bright and metallic.
Toy Maker: Deciding the colors were a little difficult. What colors would Santa have on his shop?
There will be more houses to come. I usually paint three at a time.
One of my Christmas projects for 2016 was to create glitter ornaments. I purchase clear glass ornaments from Hobby Lobby and made two packs of theses beauties.
Removed the top from the ornament and seat it aside.
Sprayed the inside of the ornament with spray glue. Careful, if you miss the hole on the ornament, you get glue sprayed on your hand and it takes finger nail polish to remove it.
Pour glitter inside the ornament. You do not need to fill the entire ornament, just enough to slick to sides. Place paper towel and your finger over the hole and shake the ornament to distribute glitter. I used extra fine glitter.
Remove excess glitter from ornament and let dry overnight.
Place cap back on ornament.
Decorate as desired. I used glitter puff paint (fabric paint) to put the snow effect on the ornaments.
April Fools Day
Here are my first two attempts at making Birthday cards. For the outside I used the templates from the Silhouette Design Studio. On the inside, I font was used and another template. Several cards will be made this month, because of the numerous birthdays in January.
I really need to learn how to get the insert correct if the card will have a background.
Instead of gluing the dots back into the letters, I used my metallic marker to draw the dots. Lazy? Maybe… but, more likely I am feed up with all forms of glue.
Note to self – Check the quality of the photo before mailing the card.
The signature was done with the sketch pen in the Silhouette while before the cutting was performed.
I did save the cut letters. I may want to used them in the future for another project.
Christmas Cards (2015)
Here is a preview of my handmade 2015 Christmas card.
The blue starry background was created using Coral Draw and printed on glossy photo paper. The star, trees, and windows were created using Silhouette Studio and cut using the Curio device. The star was cut on glitter paper, but the trees was cut on regular card stock and I glued the glitter on after they were cut.
Instead of having the window on the same cardstock, I thought using different pattern cardstock provide a wallpaper background and some uniqueness.
The inside of the card was the same for all the cards.
I got the text and layout from the internet, but I recreated it in Coral Draw and printed it on card stock. If I had thought about it before December, I would have created a inside scene and place it in a window frame. So, the outside of the card would be looking out and the inside of the card would have been looking in. But, there just wasn’t enough time.
The next card will have to be a birthday card. There are so many birthdays in January.