Oh, my house smelled so good after I made this cake. I started with the recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Move oven rake to center position in oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray Bundt pan with Pam for Baking
- Wash and remove stems from blueberries. Drain and let dry on paper towel.
- In a small mixing bowl gently whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and white sugar. Beat on medium/medium high speed until mixture is creamy.
- Beat one egg at a time into sugar mixture.
- Add Vanilla into sugar mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture; about 1/3 of flour mixture at a time and beat on low speed until combined. Scrap bowl well and beat on medium speed until fully combined.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Fold Blueberries into batter.
- Pour approximately 1/2 of the batter into the Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 of the cinnamon/pecan mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Gently add the remaining batter to the Bundt pan. Make sure the batter in even in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon/pecan mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Check the cake the make sure it is done by sticking a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If not, continue to bake the cake and check for doneness every 5 minutes.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Place a folded dishrag on a countertop and gently tap the Bundt pan on dishrag to loosen. Invert cake on wire rack and let cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
One thought on “Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake”
This looks soooo delicious. Will definitely try it out.